How do file a pro se motion for a modification of a custody order. My daugther threatens to dissappear with Wynter .

Asked about 2 years ago - Pittsburgh, PA

My daugther and I have a coustody order in place. We share legal and physcial custody of my of my grandaugther wytnter, who is age 6. We share equal custody for all holidays. My grandaugther is to attend John Minadeo school. Wynter is to live with me one week and one week with her mother. Her mother is to provide transportation to and from Minadeo school and when she is unable then it is my responsibility to transport Wynter to school. My Daugther
Jada Sealey was not able to uphold her end of the agreement., she never had gas or flat tires and it became to expensive for me to give her gas money and to travel everyday to Glassport, where my daugther lives.; therefore we agreed that Wynter would live with me . her mother has been evicted and has felony burlary charges pendin

Now my daugther has threatened to take
wynter and dissappear and I would never see her again because I refuse to allow my daugther to live with me.

1. Julie Rebecca Colton

Pro

1

Answered . Allegheny County has a pro se assistance program, you can find out more about the program here: http://www.alleghenycourts.us/family/adult/pro_... If you do not qualify for the program because of your income, the custody forms are available for you to pick up at the courthouse.
    If the case is in one of the surrounding counties you should contact your local courthouse to see if they have a pro se assistance program.

2. Todd Adam Spivak

Answered . Assuming that Allegheny County is the proper jurisdiction, I have pasted below a link to the Allegheny County Family Division Court Manual. Section II-5 of the manual links to a Petition for Modification of a Custody Order. Click on the order, fill in the blanks, and file it with the court at 440 Ross Street in downtown Pittsburgh. Attach a copy of the original custody order. If you believe that your daughter is a flight risk, you may consider filing an Emergency Motion on that basis. Here is a link to the manual:

http://www.alleghenycourts.us/family/CourtManua...

3. John Karl Puskar

Answered . Go to the Family Courthouse at 440 Ross Street on a Tuesday or Thursday morning at 8 AM sharp, and an attorney or law student will help you complete the paperwork for free.

If money is tight for you, I provide my legal services on a sliding-scale basis according to each client's income. Feel free to call me. 412-389-5502.

Best of luck,

Jack