How do file a Custody and visitation Supplemental Declaration with the clerks office?

Asked over 3 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I have a court date May 10 for custody and visitations. I had an ex parte hearing, and only filed a temporary declaration attached to the order to show cause. I need to file my proposed final orders before court. I need to know if I can just file a declaration form, stating it is the supplemental declaration. Or do I need to attach it to any other forms to file before the court date.

1. Kerry Jean Kunz

Answered . You can prepare your Supplemental Declaration on the Judicial Council form MC-030. You need to have a copy of the Supplemental Declaration served on the opposing party and have the person who served the document on the opposing party (by dropping it in the mail) sign the Proof of Service by Mail (FL-335) form. Remember, you cannot serve the documents since you are a party to the action. Then you need to take the original plus two copies of the Supplemental Declaration and the Proof of Service to the clerk's office for filing. You will then get two “Filed Endorsed” copies back from the clerk; keep one set and send the other set to the opposing party. You can consult with a Family Law attorney in your area to discuss the matter in detail or obtain assistance from the Family Law Facilitator’s Office at the William R. Ridgeway Family Relations Courthouse in Sacramento. Good luck!