How do file a Custody and visitation Supplemental Declaration with the clerks office?

Sacramento, CA |

I have a court date May 10 for custody and visitations. I had an ex parte hearing, and only filed a temporary declaration attached to the order to show cause. I need to file my proposed final orders before court. I need to know if I can just file a declaration form, stating it is the supplemental declaration. Or do I need to attach it to any other forms to file before the court date.

You can prepare your Supplemental Declaration on the Judicial Council form MC-030. You need to have a copy of the Supplemental Declaration served on the opposing party and have the person who served the document on the opposing party (by dropping it in the mail) sign the Proof of Service by Mail (FL-335) form. Remember, you cannot serve the documents since you are a party to the action. Then you need to take the original plus two copies of the Supplemental Declaration and the Proof of Service to the clerk's office for filing. You will then get two “Filed Endorsed” copies back from the clerk; keep one set and send the other set to the opposing party. You can consult with a Family Law attorney in your area to discuss the matter in detail or obtain assistance from the Family Law Facilitator’s Office at the William R. Ridgeway Family Relations Courthouse in Sacramento. Good luck!

THIS RESPONSE IS PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO CREATE AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ONGOING DUTY TO RESPOND TO QUESTIONS. THE RESPONSE DOES NOT FORM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE EDUCATED OPINION OF THE AUTHOR. IT SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS LEGAL ADVICE. THE RESPONSE GIVEN IS BASED UPON THE LIMITED FACTS PROVIDED BY THE PERSON ASKING THE QUESTION. TO THE EXTENT ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT FACTS EXIST, THE RESPONSE MIGHT POSSIBLY CHANGE. THE RESPONDING ATTORNEY IS LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW ONLY IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA AND RESPONSES ARE BASED SOLELY ON CALIFORNIA LAW UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE.

Child custody topics