Skip to main content

How do a find a pro bono attorney?

Victorville, CA |

i lied about something and i need legal advice

i lied in the police report about my husband in a domestic violence case. i said he tried to hit me with something which he never did. now the DA wants hammer him. i need to fix my mistake. i dont know how to do that

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to provide a few more facts. E.g. employment matter, immigration matter etc.
PS - pro bono is short for pro bono publico which means "for the benefit of the public". In criminal law your "pro bono" attorney is the public defender. In non-criminal matters, lawyers are often willing to give free guidance and analysis for free on sites like Avvo, bu almost never willing to work for free. We have offices to pay for and familiies to support.

Consider the number of pro bono electricians, plumbers, etc. - - - none.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.


Please look at the following website. I hope you find something.

As a note, if what you say has occurred, you face criminal charges and you should NOT do anything without consulting with an attorney, and you should NOT post any further statements on any public internet site. You are admitting to a crime by posting this.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer