How difficult is the process from H1B to Green Card?

Asked 9 months ago - Columbus, GA

I hold an H1B visa from a university. can the university sponsor my green card and how hard is the process?

1. Kenneth Craig Dobson

1

Answered . This is a complex process. Generally, the H-1B is a great temporary visa to have while you are processing toward a green card. Speak with a lawyer to see if you qualify.

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

1

Answered . Yes, the university can support you for the green card process. Please check with the university about it willingness to file for you.

The GC process is initiated through PERM which involves a "pattern of recruitment" for U.S. workers. This procedurally complex stage of the green card process directly involves the employer. Hopefully your university agrees to support you.

3. Simone Bertollini

Answered . It depends from what kind of work you do