Skip to main content

How difficult is the PERM process to hire foreign laborer as my employee if he lives in another country ?

Chula Vista, CA |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I want to hire a Mexican citizen worker for my company. How difficult is the PERM process to hire foreign laborer as my employee if he lives in another country ?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The PERM process is long and complicated.

The H-2B visa is like a mini-PERM but it is a quick. You can expect the laborer to start working for you within 120 days from initiating the process. The only drawback is that the work should be temporary, not longer than one year. The work must be seasonal, intermittent, arising from a peakload or a one time only need.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:


You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. This is not something you can do without an attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with my colleagues

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer