How difficult is the PERM process to hire foreign laborer as my employee if he lives in another country ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chula Vista, CA

I want to hire a Mexican citizen worker for my company. How difficult is the PERM process to hire foreign laborer as my employee if he lives in another country ?

.

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. This is not something you can do without an attorney.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

1

Answered . The PERM process is long and complicated.

The H-2B visa is like a mini-PERM but it is a quick. You can expect the laborer to start working for you within 120 days from initiating the process. The only drawback is that the work should be temporary, not longer than one year. The work must be seasonal, intermittent, arising from a peakload or a one time only need.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

Answered . I agree with my colleagues