How difficult is it to prove blackballing?

Asked about 4 years ago - Milwaukee, WI

My position was "eliminated" in early 2009 in another state. I was told I would be eligible for rehire and received a copy of my employment record with all of my very positive reviews. Because of the line of work I did and the industry, I was forced to move out of state to find a position. I continue to try to get back into my old industry and sometimes with my old company and have several first interviews. However, I believe once they check with my previous supervisor, I believe the blacklisting takes place. For instance, I had applied online then received a voicemail from the recruiter. I returned to the call the same day and for two days after but ended up with an email stating the hiring person had decided not to talk with me because he had other candidates earlier in the process

1. Gordon R. Leech

Answered . "Why" you cannot get a job seems to be the important issue. It is the reason that will determine whether you have legal rights to enforce. i suggest you get copies of your consumer or credit rreports and a criminal background check if these are used in byour industry. These reports often have errors. Perhaps this is causing the problem. You may also want to hire a reference check service. I have more information about background checks on my website and blog you may find helpful.