How difficult is it to have the court send the dmv and ammended abstract whereby removing a disposition code H?

Whittier, CA |

This disposition was ordered in Whittier Court in the year 2000 for a 3rd DUI case. The DMV is mandating a 30 month alcohol program due to this occurrence. In 2002 I picked up a 4th DUI case and was unable to complete the 30 month alcohol program due to the new case and probation violation resulting in an 18 month prison term. In 2005 I tried to resolve matters by enrolling in an 18 month program as advised to do by the program director. After completing the program in 2006, the DMV was still requiring a 30 month alcohol program completion before I can license back. The DMV informed me that the only other option I have is to have the court send them an ammended abstract whereby removing the disposition code H and changing it to disposition code O and that will allow me to get a licens

You are going to need to go get it yourself. The court is not going to mail it to you.

In theory, all that needs to be done is to get your case on calendar and talk to the judge. However, due to the age of the case, it may be difficult to talk a court clerk into doing so. If you had an attorney on the 2000 case, I suggest giving them a call. Otherwise, you may need to hire an attorney to try to help. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

it should be able to be done you shpuld speak with a qualified attorney
familiar with that court

DUI court topics

Recommended articles about DUI court