How difficult is it to have the court send the dmv and ammended abstract whereby removing a disposition code H?

Asked over 1 year ago - Whittier, CA

This disposition was ordered in Whittier Court in the year 2000 for a 3rd DUI case. The DMV is mandating a 30 month alcohol program due to this occurrence. In 2002 I picked up a 4th DUI case and was unable to complete the 30 month alcohol program due to the new case and probation violation resulting in an 18 month prison term. In 2005 I tried to resolve matters by enrolling in an 18 month program as advised to do by the program director. After completing the program in 2006, the DMV was still requiring a 30 month alcohol program completion before I can license back. The DMV informed me that the only other option I have is to have the court send them an ammended abstract whereby removing the disposition code H and changing it to disposition code O and that will allow me to get a licens

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Tracy Mark Grayson

    Contributor Level 5


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You are going to need to go get it yourself. The court is not going to mail it to you.

  2. Jasen Bodie Nielsen


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In theory, all that needs to be done is to get your case on calendar and talk to the judge. However, due to the age of the case, it may be difficult to talk a court clerk into doing so. If you had an attorney on the 2000 case, I suggest giving them a call. Otherwise, you may need to hire an attorney to try to help. Good luck.

    Jasen Nielsen

  3. Michael Jon Fremont


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . it should be able to be done you shpuld speak with a qualified attorney
    familiar with that court

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Third DUI

Third and subsequent DUIs carry harsher penalties and mandatory minimums, though the specifics depend on your individual case and location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,636 answers this week

3,160 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,636 answers this week

3,160 attorneys answering