How difficult is it to get a loan assumed through the assumption department?

Irvine, CA |

I want to remove my co-borrower of loan. He filed BK in 2010 and I just filed for BK last year. I want to remove him of the loan and he is not on Title of home.

1. It should be very tough, both of you have bad credit and I would assume the mortgage company wants as many people on title as possible, if you had a co-borrower or guarantor with strong credit, I would thing the bank would jump for joy. But if the co-borrower is also a co-owner you may be stuck.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.