How could I stop my neighbor to do offensive noise.

Asked about 1 year ago - Portland, OR

My neighbor is using an offensive noise ( rock music station for 10-12 hrs per day daily ) and I am the only one neighbor around his barn where the noise is coming from. He want me to move out and take my house. I am 80 yo.

1. Erin Cecil-Levine

Answered . Depending on where you live, there are noise ordinances. In the City of Portland, no excessive noise is allowed between 10:00pm and 7:00am. Excessive means you should not hear noise above 80 dBA from garden equipment or lawnmowers or other home equipment that is >5 HP. Equipment that is t work, you may need to retain an attorney to write a cease and desist letter on your behalf. Feel free to contact my office. I have experience doing this very thing!!!

Kind regards,
    Erin Levine