How could I legally get this resolved ? Education

Asked over 1 year ago - Hialeah, FL

my brother is a high school student who has been trying to improve his academic grades. I have emails from his teacher stating she saw improvements another wanted to call my mom to say he did improve , but there two teachers who i notice the grades havnt gone up. I messaged the teacher and he gave me some muble jumble that he is improving and that he did extra credit work but his grade could of been worst. also says he goes beyound from his students , yet my brother is still failing the class after trying. One teacher never answered.Now both want to say my brother isnt doing his work or behaving after they stated he was improving ??? how can that be from litterly one day to the next. I have a feeling is because I went to the school as his legal guarden to have him removed from both classes

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert Edward Fenster

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This is not a legal matter at this time.

  2. Susan Grace Soto


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues that this is not a legal matter. However, I see that you are trying to help your brother and can offer you advice as a former school administrator. If you have questions about the grades your brother is getting, request a meeting with the administrator over his section / class and with the teachers about whom you are concerned. Ask to see samples of his work and a full accounting of why he is getting the grades he is getting. If he isn't doing the work, then he is earning low grades fair and square. If the teachers aren't doing their work, then it will be obvious to the administrator and to you. Ask them for recommendations about what your brother can do to improve his grades - extra work, re-take a test, get assignments in on time, get after school help from the teacher...the list can go on and on.

    Your post doesn't say if you were able to get your brother's schedule changed or not, but if that is an option, it might help to give him a fresh start. Ask the administrator or a school counselor what other options you have. What does your brother say is the cause for his low grades? Your brother is lucky to have you in his corner - good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,508 answers this week

3,083 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,508 answers this week

3,083 attorneys answering