How could i get my license?

Detroit, MI |

Over 10 years ago,i got into trouble for drunk driving and killed someone. i served 5 years in prison and only had my license took for a year. That's the only thing on my driving record but Im having the hardest time trying to get the state of Michigan to allow me to get my license again.

1. It really depends on what your suspension order says. But hire a lawyer and you should be able to be reinstated.

2. Realistically, you need to sit down with an experienced driver's license restoration attorney in Southeast Michigan. There are a number of such quality attorneys in your area. Do yourself a favor and at least sit for a 30-60 minute consultation with one before going any further.

Best of Luck.

An Attorney-Client relationship has not been established. Becket J. Jones is not your attorney. In order to protect your interests, you should engage with and retain a competent criminal defense attorney who practices often in the court you are scheduled to be in front of if you have been (or believe you will be) charged with a crime in the State of Michigan.

3. You need an experienced attorney to deal with this issue!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

4. I agree with the others that you need to consult with an experienced attorney that handles drivers license restorations. You will need to demonstrate through reference letters, a drug screening test, your sobriety and commitment to sobriety. If you are not currently engaged in a 12 step program like AA, I would encourage you to start an attend regularly as soon as possible. You will need at minimum 1 year of sobriety before applying. This is a very complex and complicated issue and your chances of succeeding are very low without a lawyer on your side.

5. It is possible but it is very difficult. You will have to jump through a lot of hoops. You will need an attorney who is experienced with the DLAD procedures and requirements. This is a must. You can try to do it on your own but it is very difficult to dot all the i's and cross the t's.

6. This is not your normal license reinstatement procedure., those are hard enough to prepare correctly for the first time, but an OUIL Causing Death revocation is scrutinized much more rigorously that just proving you have at least a yer or two of sobriety and the rest of the requirements...the standards require going an extra 100 miles more in effort. You really need someone who has handled this type of case before and knows how to help you satisfy those standards. This means more preparation and evidence gathering. Good luck--find a lawyer that informs the public that they do license restoration cases of all nature and ask them if they've handled cases such as your's.

Traffic tickets topics