Skip to main content

How could i get a retrial on geting custody of my kids?

Tyler, TX |

my ex husband has custody of my kids and i would like to have a retrial

Attorney Answers 2


How long ago was the trial? If more than 30 days, you have a problem. If not, file a motion for new trial. Do you have a lawyer? If not, get one asap. If the trial was to an associate judge and it's been less than 3 days, file an objection to the ruling of the associate judge.

Use a lawyer. You'll have a better chance.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I agree with Attorney Moore. There are some remedies available to you through civil procedure; however, they're time-sensitive and may be barred. Civil procedure also gets complicated, especially if you didn't preserve error in your trial.

If you hurry, you might be able to find an attorney to help you in time.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics