How come the debt i paid off did not show up in my credit report??

i recently paid off a debt from midland fund. i checked my free annual credit report and it said it has been paid but when i checked on my creditokarma.com it says it is still in collection as far as the status goes.

Brooklyn, NY -

Jeffrey B. Peltz

Jeffrey B. Peltz

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Brooklyn, NY

It may take 30 to 60 days to show paid on the other credit report. If you paid late that fact will show on the credit report for 7 years.

Robert John Willis

Robert John Willis

Credit Repair Attorney - Cleveland, OH

It can take up to 60 days for an item to be removed from a credit report, or at least to show paid. Please understand that simply paying a debt does not cause it to be removed. More likely, it will show as paid, but remain on your report for 7 years from the date you paid it. The only way it will be removed is if you negotiated that with the collector.

Matthew Scott Berkus

Matthew Scott Berkus

Bankruptcy Attorney - Denver, CO

If the free credit report you got from the source says the debt is paid, then what CreditKarma says doesn't mean anything. Understand what CreditKarma does, they exist to sell you products and services (hence, why it is free).

Related Advice