Skip to main content

How come Housing Managers can do what ever and get away with it? the Judges will NOT listen to the tenants only the housing Att

Boston, MA |

such as as a tenant I try to tell the Judge what things I am going through such as being Deprived of Heat, or Discrimination, harassment, work orders no being repaired and closed BUT the Judges DON'T care to Listen to us Tenants only the Housing Attorneys

Attorney Answers 2


1) You may be doing it wrong. It's a game with specific rules. There are plenty of times when you can raise complaints. But there are certain times (after judgment, for example) when it is simply too late.

2) You may not have a case. Your view of "harassment" may not match the legal definition.

If you think you have a case for deprivation of heat and other issues, call an attorney on your own. Those are good cases: if you have a decent claim then you can find an attorney.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I agree that even if you have a good case, you may not know how to properly get it in front of the court. As another attorney indicated, your notion of discrimination or harassment - while very real - may not match up with the legal definition.

It may be that you are simply unable to effectively communicate your claims to the judge, while the other side is effectively presenting its case. In that event, the judge is not permitted to help you make your case or guess at what you are trying to say.

If you have a case worth bringing, and your expectations are reasonable, you will probably find an attorney to represent you.

Christopher Vaughn-Martel is a Massachusetts lawyer with the firm of Vaughn-Martel Law in Boston, Massachusetts. All answers are based on Massachusetts law and the limited facts presented by the questioner. All answers are provided to the general public for educational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship is formed by providing an answer to a question. To schedule a consultation with a lawyer, and obtain advice and review of your specific legal issue, please call us today at 617-357-4898 or visit us at

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics