How can you have an absent parents rights revoked in PA?

Asked about 2 years ago - Washington, PA

I want to see if there is a way to revoke my son's fathers rights. He's not listed on the birth cert, it says "Father Unknown." I attempted to stay to work things out with him until my son was 1 1/2. But do to an abusive situation I got away and put a PFA on him and he's not seen my son since. My son is now 8 going to be 9 in February. The "father" is in prison in another state on assault charges on 2 other females that got knocked down from attempted murder and kidnapping because he "pleaded" out. He's recently attempted to contact me and my son through letters, but my son doesn't want anything to do with him. Can I have his rights revoked without naming him on the birth cert or is there any way to have his rights revoked at all?

1. Chris Alexander Stachtiaris

3

Answered . You cannot terminate a parent's rights until there is someone who will adopt that child. If there is someone who will adopt and there has been no contact for the period of time you state then you have a chance of termination. The fact that he is trying may create a challenge, but the bigger unstated matter is if there is someone who wants to adopt your son to step in his father's place.