Skip to main content

How can you get someone to take a dna test that is refusing.My son is now 20 years old. Also is it possible to get child support

Maryland |

He lives in Hawaii. He feels like since it has been so many years there is no need.

Attorney Answers 1


Because your son is no longer a minor, it is his decision whether to pursue the paternity. You cannot force him to take a DNA test. Also, child support is retroactive only to the date of filing with the court. Since your son is no longer a minor, you could not win an award for child support since no order was made prior to his becoming an adult.

Mark as helpful

1 comment



But you can sew for pain and suffering can't you?

Child support topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics