How can you get a charge of sexual assault off your record?

Brownwood, TX |

My friend was 22 at the time and the girl was 16 but told him she was 18 the mother found out and pressed charges and made it seem like he raped her when it was actually consensual on both parts and he was charged with sexual assault of a child.

He is not a danger to anybody or anybody's child and wants to be able to live a life with the woman he loves but he has to register for life when he is paroled in 2015 and I was wondering if there was any way to have that reduced when he got out

1. Once convicted, it can never be removed. The only exception is a pardon and those are beyond hard to get.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

2. The facts of his age, her age, the age she claimed she was, and what the mother reported are virtually irrelevant. Because he is a convicted felon and sentenced to prison I do not believe he will ever get this off his record. Like my Colleague stated, a governor’s pardon is probably the only legal mechanism. If would be political suicide for a governor to pardon convicted sex offenders. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. A local attorney can research the law and give a more thorough and definitive answer.

Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law supersedes state law. A person could be charged and convicted for marijuana related crimes such as possession, cultivation, distribution, manufacturing, transportation, and conspiracy.

3. I agree with Mr. Jones.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.