How can you get a charge of sexual assault off your record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brownwood, TX

My friend was 22 at the time and the girl was 16 but told him she was 18 the mother found out and pressed charges and made it seem like he raped her when it was actually consensual on both parts and he was charged with sexual assault of a child.

Additional information

He is not a danger to anybody or anybody's child and wants to be able to live a life with the woman he loves but he has to register for life when he is paroled in 2015 and I was wondering if there was any way to have that reduced when he got out

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Richard Timothy Jones

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Once convicted, it can never be removed. The only exception is a pardon and those are beyond hard to get.
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer

    My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client... more
  2. Clifton L Black

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The facts of his age, her age, the age she claimed she was, and what the mother reported are virtually irrelevant. Because he is a convicted felon and sentenced to prison I do not believe he will ever get this off his record. Like my Colleague stated, a governor’s pardon is probably the only legal mechanism. If would be political suicide for a governor to pardon convicted sex offenders. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. A local attorney can research the law and give a more thorough and definitive answer.

    Marijuana is against federal law. Federal law supersedes state law. A person could be charged and convicted for... more
  3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Jones.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,340 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,340 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering