Skip to main content

How can you find out if there is a warrant out for your arrest?

Morehead City, NC |

I am wondering if I can find out if the police are looking for me.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You may be able to get an attorney to run your name through NCAWARE, or check the courthouse records in the county where you think there may be charges. Many Clerk's offices do not post unserved warrants publically but an attorney can check.

  2. You may be able to call the sheriff's office in the county you believe you may have a warrant.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics