How can we stop the supervised visitation which is court ordered when we know that the father is a bad person?

Asked 11 months ago - Lexington, KY

My sister is a single mom with a five year old son, whose biological father is a convicted felon with felony possession and other drug related crimes, along with a dead beat dad who has paid 600.00 in child support the entire time my nephew has been alive. He has never had an interest in the child until my sister went after him for the back support and now, all of a sudden he wants to be a dad after five years. Went to court today and the judge ordered supervised visitation on every other Sunday with his mother as the supervisor. His mother is the one who raised this scumbag, and is unfit herself. He has two older children that he is behind on in support and he has sent his older son porn over messages on his phone. He is dangerous to my nephew. How do we stop this so her son is safe

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael William Bouldin

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . There is no simple answer but the best advice is to hire an experienced family/custody/divorce lawyer who regularly practices in your county of court.

    Kentucky law does not certify specialty of practice in this area. The advice given herein is informational and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,338 answers this week

2,999 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,338 answers this week

2,999 attorneys answering