How can we make slry pmts/ legal fees from the capital we will receive from VC's if our incorporated company has 3 non-US execs?

Asked about 2 years ago - New Haven, CT

1) Received commitment on funding.
2) Believe we can incopr. a company in delaware, with a Silent US national, and 3 non-US cofounders. Open a bank account and get an company EIN.
3) But how can we make salary and other payments before our visa statuses come through?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . You can pay a non-US firm for legal fees accrued; however, paying salaries to employees who are not yet authorized to work is not permitted until their visas come through. Since it is a complicated issue, and I don't have enough facts to comment further, I suggest speaking to an attorney familiar with business immigration and VC funding in order to structure this portion of your business adequately.

    Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions.

Related Topics

Incorporating a small business

Incorporation is the act of forming a corporation, a separate legal entity whose rights and liabilities are distinct from its shareholders.

Small business LLCs

An LLC (limited liability company) is a business entity that has elements of both a corporation and a partnership (or sole proprietorship).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,858 answers this week

3,718 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,858 answers this week

3,718 attorneys answering