How Can we get tenants out of our family home in a rent controlled city (San Francisco)?

Asked 6 months ago - San Francisco, CA

My grandmother owns her home and there are tenants that occupy the house now. I need to move in the home as I have been issued a no-fault eviction (in a non rent-controlled city) and I have 30 days before I will be considered homeless. We do not have the $10,000 that the rent control law states we need in order to have them relocate. Are there any ways around this?

1. Shaye Larkin

4

Answered . There are no ways around the San Francisco rent ordinance if it applies in this situation. Moreover, this is a very pro-tenant city and tenants fight hard in eviction case. Your grandmother would be best served by hiring a very experienced attorney to help with the eviction to ensure it is done properly.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . I agree the principality of San Francisco is well known and feared. Consult with a good attorney and see if you can avoid a war with the socialists. Hire Ms. Obama if she is available.