How Can we get tenants out of our family home in a rent controlled city (San Francisco)?

San Francisco, CA |

My grandmother owns her home and there are tenants that occupy the house now. I need to move in the home as I have been issued a no-fault eviction (in a non rent-controlled city) and I have 30 days before I will be considered homeless. We do not have the $10,000 that the rent control law states we need in order to have them relocate. Are there any ways around this?

1. There are no ways around the San Francisco rent ordinance if it applies in this situation. Moreover, this is a very pro-tenant city and tenants fight hard in eviction case. Your grandmother would be best served by hiring a very experienced attorney to help with the eviction to ensure it is done properly.

The information provided herein is general information only and not legal advice. The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. It is important to have a consultation with an attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation.