How can this happen?

Asked 6 months ago - Port Richey, FL

Spoke by phone to their intake staff about their general psychiatric program. Walked into facility for admission and within 5 minutes told I was being BA for involuntary evaluation for a totally fabricated Dx. They didn't call my treating doctor who no longer provides in-hospital service. I was told he died 20 yrs ago. NO court or law enforcement agency or mental health provider had started this BA. No psychiatrist at facility was seen. hospital records obtained and there wasn't any BA52 form (??).

When I asked they said a BA52 was the Petition for Involuntary Placement , I think that's inaccurate. The petition was signed and dated BEFORE examination.
I was discharged after 3 days.
I have financial damages as well as psychological damages. Wanted an addendum. I want redress

1. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

1

1

Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, you need to speak with a FL health law attorney ASAP; the situation you describe appears to amount to kidnapping. You cannot be diagnosed with any condition for a Baker Act commitment within 5 minutes without seeing a physician.

/Christopher E. Ezold/