How can someone get proof that they assisted DUI classes about 27 years ago ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Alhambra, CA

My dad is applying for the u - visa and he needs to show proof that he had DUI classes .

1. Matthew Murillo

Pro

6

Answered . One possibility may be to go into the Court archives and check if they have any record of it. Court may or may not have the docs on archive because its so long ago, but normally the Court would require proof of enrollment and completion in the program. Try going to the courthouse to see if they still have those records, and if they do, making copies of them.

2. Seth Andrew Weinstein

6

Answered . You may need an attorney to go down and find the case record. There should be a proof of completion in there.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

3. Robert Laurens Driessen

5

Answered . Unless he kept copies it is very unlikely that anyone has retained proof over 27 years ago. I think you will have to consult with his attorney and find another way to make this happen.
    Robert Driessen

4. Philip Daniel Hache

Pro

5

Answered . If your father attended DUI classes, completed a program, and submitted that proof to the court, it is possible that they kept proof in his file. It may be a good idea to get an attorney in your area to see if they can dig up the file from archives and see if there is proof. Or, if he is in contact with his attorney who handled the case, that may be a good place to start.