legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

How can someone get an attorney to search for ground to sue someone?

I've been having problems with an organization or two every now and then and need an attorney to find a reason to sue in order to cause alarm and teach them a lesson in respect? Is this possible? If so how? If so , what's the process of having an attorney size a place up and litterally whip something up to the level of suit or possible suit.

New York, NY -

Attorney Answers (3)

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Lawsuit / Dispute Attorney - Bellmore, NY

You aren't particular detailed in what your problems are BUT if you are willing to pay $350 an hour, you will have no trouble finding an attorney to analyze your situation and come up with a valid cause of action (if such a cause of action exists.) No amount of money will make a quality ethical attorney bring a frivolous cause of action.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Stewart & Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave... more
Sponsored Listing
Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

If you have legally valid claims, I'm sure you can find a lawyer to represent you. However, a lawyer will not simply search for a reason to sue an organization because you don't like the way they treat you. Be advised, the organization can assert a counterclaim against you for frivolous litigation and a judge could award them thousands of dollars in damages against you.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
Mark Alan Mackin

Mark Alan Mackin

General Practice Lawyer - Helena, MT

Your money may be better spent on a private detective or an accountant, altho a lawyer could subcontract either. There is nothing inherently unethical about hiring help to check out an organization. And, if cause is found, a suit could result.
But, just suing to cause alarm or teach respect, with a false or frivolous claim, is abuse of process. It could cost a lawyer their license, and backfire badly on you.

DISCLAIMER: The forgoing comment is for general educational purposes only, and is not legal advice upon which the... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.