How can someone get an attorney to search for ground to sue someone?

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

I've been having problems with an organization or two every now and then and need an attorney to find a reason to sue in order to cause alarm and teach them a lesson in respect? Is this possible? If so how? If so , what's the process of having an attorney size a place up and litterally whip something up to the level of suit or possible suit.

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

3

Answered . You aren't particular detailed in what your problems are BUT if you are willing to pay $350 an hour, you will have no trouble finding an attorney to analyze your situation and come up with a valid cause of action (if such a cause of action exists.) No amount of money will make a quality ethical attorney bring a frivolous cause of action.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . If you have legally valid claims, I'm sure you can find a lawyer to represent you. However, a lawyer will not simply search for a reason to sue an organization because you don't like the way they treat you. Be advised, the organization can assert a counterclaim against you for frivolous litigation and a judge could award them thousands of dollars in damages against you.

3. Mark Alan Mackin

1

Answered . Your money may be better spent on a private detective or an accountant, altho a lawyer could subcontract either. There is nothing inherently unethical about hiring help to check out an organization. And, if cause is found, a suit could result.
    But, just suing to cause alarm or teach respect, with a false or frivolous claim, is abuse of process. It could cost a lawyer their license, and backfire badly on you.