Skip to main content

How can someone beat an aggravated assault with a deadly weapon case in Harris County?

Houston, TX |

I live in Harris County and a loved one was arrested a couple nights ago for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. I firmly believe he did not do it. From my understanding of events, the loved one got into an argument with a guy and left, but came back with his friends. The guy who he got in an argument with threw a beer bottle at their vehicle and they proceed to drive towards him. The guy took off running and some one fired gun shots from the vehicle and the vehicle took off. Since the guy could only point out the love one, he told police that it was he who shot at him which caused him to have a warrant out for his arrest. He does not own a gun and cops have no evidence it was him besides the witness. Can he beat this case with no evidence against him or is one witness enough?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


How do you beat the case? First, hire a decent attorney.

That attorney should work up the case to the best of his/her ability. Talk to the witnesses, review all of the evidence, come up with the best arguments possible. There is no guarantee to beating a case. Your best bet is simply to have an attorney willing to do the work and give your loved one the best fighting chance possible.

As far as one witness being enough, if that witness provides enough info in a credible fashion for a jury to find that the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, then yes, it is enough.


I agree with Mr. Tuthill... a lawyer is unable to tell you how to beat an aggravated assault case via this forum. A lawyer has a lot work to do before they can properly defend someone on a second degree felony that the range of punishment is from 2-20 years in prison.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer