How can Probation/Parole/Post Release be active if the min. time has not been served?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I'm confused, Under NC Structured Sentencing someone who has been convicted has to serve the entire min sentence.I have a friend in prison, his supervision was to start once his min time was served and he was relased. Right now his Probation/Parole/Post Release Status is set at Active but he has not served the min time yet. What does this mean?

My friend has not been released. He is still in Gaston CC. I found the information on the Gaston CC website where it has all his information such as sentence, project release date..ect..
He's confused as to why it says active as well.

1. Kimberly Ann Olsinski

Answered . Sometimes you can be released prior to finishing the minimum sentence. My advice would be to contact his probation/parole officer as soon as possible to make sure he is following all the requirements.

2. Seth A. Blum

Answered . I may be misunderstanding your question, but yes, under Structured Sentencing, a convict given an active sentence does have to serve at least the minimum sentence.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that his "Probation/Parole/Post Release Status is set at Active." Has he been release from custody? Is this some box you saw checked some where (possibly one that has been mistakenly checked? Without more information, it's hard for me to me to give you meaningful answer.