How can probation be stated as mandatory supervision but have a denture in another state?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

My boyfriend is in prison and is being release in probation in Texas under mandatory supervision but I asked the probation office if he is still getting extradited back to Alabama considering that he has a hold upon his case. However, his recent lawyer address that he may have to serve the parole given here before serving whatever time over there.

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

Answered . Yes, that is possible. I know it sounds weird, but it happens. The new probation may help him with the parole board in Alabama. The parole board is not bound by the outcome of the new case, but they are often influenced by it. So they may be more likely to continue him on parole so that he can complete the probation requirements in the new case.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Answered . I think you may be a bit confused.

Probation and parole are not the same thing.

Probation is before a prison sentence in Texas.

Parole is after a prison sentence in Texas...and mandatory supervision is a lot like parole but is not exactly the same thing.

It would be a good idea to ask your question in the Alabama section of avvo as well as here.

Why? Because this situation involves both Texas and Alabama law, and the way they mix with each other when a defendant has cases in both states.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

Answered . this is a re-post?