How can my son-in-law legally reenter US? My daughter, his wife, is a US citizen?

Rome, GA |

When he was 14 . He was sent back to Mexico . His passport was stamped " I - 275 Executed " The following were handwritten , " A95920982 " also " 212 ( a ) ( 7 ) ( B ) ( i ) ( II ) "

1. Consult with an attorney. There may be relief available to him but not enough details have been provided in your post.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. Consult with an immigration attorney.

Also, this is a public forum. The information you posted includes an alien identification number, which could be used to identify your son-in-law. Please do not post information like this on a forum like this.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

3. Your son-in-law has admissibility issue, since he became ineligible under INA 212(a) to receive a visa. That means he would need a waiver to reenter.
    Whether he can seek an immigrant visa is a fact specific determination, which has to do with a number of issues, which should be discussed with an attorney. Only after learning all the facts, I will be able to tell whether a waiver can be sought in this case.

4. It looks like your son was given a visa, but there was a problem with that visa. That's why they "sent him back." Before he tries to come back to the U.S. he needs to apply for a waiver of that ground of inadmissibility and obtain a new visa. I advise you schedule an appointment with an immigration lawyer so the professional can determine if your son qualifies for a waiver and how to proceed to obatin one.

Immigration Topics