Skip to main content

How can my son-in-law legally reenter US? My daughter, his wife, is a US citizen?

Rome, GA |

When he was 14 . He was sent back to Mexico . His passport was stamped " I - 275 Executed " The following were handwritten , " A95920982 " also " 212 ( a ) ( 7 ) ( B ) ( i ) ( II ) "

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Consult with an attorney. There may be relief available to him but not enough details have been provided in your post.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

  2. Consult with an immigration attorney.

    Also, this is a public forum. The information you posted includes an alien identification number, which could be used to identify your son-in-law. Please do not post information like this on a forum like this.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  3. Your son-in-law has admissibility issue, since he became ineligible under INA 212(a) to receive a visa. That means he would need a waiver to reenter.
    Whether he can seek an immigrant visa is a fact specific determination, which has to do with a number of issues, which should be discussed with an attorney. Only after learning all the facts, I will be able to tell whether a waiver can be sought in this case.

  4. It looks like your son was given a visa, but there was a problem with that visa. That's why they "sent him back." Before he tries to come back to the U.S. he needs to apply for a waiver of that ground of inadmissibility and obtain a new visa. I advise you schedule an appointment with an immigration lawyer so the professional can determine if your son qualifies for a waiver and how to proceed to obatin one.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics