How can my server serve a Claim for Small Claims Court when The Plaintiff won't open the door and doesn't work outside the home?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Her address is valid. My server has tried on 2 separate occasions (she even staked-out her apartment for over an hour) at 2 different times of day. The Plaintiff has been home, as my server recognized her voice through the window. It is hit-or-miss to find her - she has no set schedule, there are multiple exits from the apartment building, and the deadline has passed for Substituted Service.

1. Pardis Patrick Ashouri

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Your process server should know how to serve. Perhaps try another server. Sometimes parties play this game hoping issue will go away.
    You may have to get an extension from the court to serve properly. Good luck.

2. Samuel Cohen

Answered . Find a new process server. This situation is not unusual. Good luck!