How can my husband find work after sexual harrassment?

Indianapolis, IN |

A week ago, he and a group of his co-workers were laughing at vulgar text messages being sent between two other co-workers. One of the people involved began reading the text messages aloud. A patient or another person around that night overheard and made a complaint. Within a week, all involved were fired. The ramifications have been devastating as he is our sole provider. In addition to termination, he is also on a no-hire list for the entire corportation which owns 80 hospitals, clinics and centers throughout the state making it nearly impossible for him to even find places to apply. Records will be sent to his Board. During interviews, how should he approach this situation? He has never had complaints or been fired prior to this.

Contact employment law attorney

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Thank you, but for what purpose? According to their policies, his termination is justifiable and Indiana is an "employment-at-will" state. However, I do think that prohibiting him from seeking work in an entity that has almost a complete monopoly of medical facilities in the state is very heavy-handed given his history and the fact that this event (in my eyes, of course) was neither "severe" nor "pervasive." However, are you implying that we may be able to seek legal recourse?

Nevermind, you don't need to answer that. I got over-excited for a second. I will look around for Employment Lawyers in the area.

Best advice, as Mr. Hudson, suggested is to set up an appointment with an employment law attorney, immediately.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/