How can my girlfriend get her ex stop using kids against her

Asked almost 3 years ago - Springfield, MA

my girlfriend went thru the worst custody battle and lost to her ex because of some false allegations on me sexual touching 7yr son and 2009 and since then she only gets 4 hours a week till she file a modifacation for more time because the judge told her since the alleagtions are drop and charges were not true so how can she file something on her ex by letting kids talk nasty to her on the phone every night and her ex always telling her kids that me her boyfriend coming to get them at night and 7yr takes 4 meds for nightmares and my girlfrnd needs help to file the right papers because she cant afford a attorney to get more time with kids and try to stop her ex from telling kids my name everyday before bedtime so please help her...

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Nicole C. Armstrong

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . There may be many options available to you to try to rectify the situation, but as Attorney Thomas has stated, they will require the knowledge and finesse of an attorney. The situation as you have described is too complicated to do on your own. If you cannot afford an attorney you may want to try legal aid. You can contact your local probate and family court or the MA Bar Association for a referral. You may also want to MetroWest Legal Services for assistance.

    This response is for informational purposes only and not intended to be legal advice; nor is this answer intended... more
  2. David George Thomas

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You very much need to speak with a very seasoned and skilled domestic relations practitioner in Massachusetts that will need much more information from you if you want to get any reasoned answer to your question. There are many good lawyers available to you on Avvo. Contact one of them.

    Mr. Thomas is licensed to practice law in Massachusetts. This response is not legal advice and does not create an... more
  3. Richard A. Martone

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . As my fellow counsel have advised you, there may be options available to you but a skilled domestic attorney is likely going to be necessary to guide you (if not represent you) in this process.

    Given that it sounds like your girlfriend is going to have difficulty paying for her own legal representation, you should consider contacting community legal aid's office in Springfield. I have no affiliation with their office but you can look up their contact information at the following site:

    Also, you should consider contacting the local probate court to inquire whethe or not their is an available attorney's of the day program through which you could at least get some guidance in the steps necessary.

    Best of luck to you both.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,937 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,937 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering