Skip to main content

How can my father ask for forgiveness so he can be able to travel out the U.S and enter back?

Fresno, CA |

My Father had a drug charge in 1999 was convicted for a 1 and a half got out of jail 2001. He is Cuban so he wasn't deported back to Cuba. They let him stay in the country but said if he left he wasn't able to come back in the U.S. I need to fix his passport and other paper work. Because I will be getting married in Cuba march, 8th 2014.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    Your father cannot travel to Cuba. If he travels to Cuba, he will not be able to return. The only reason your father has been allowed to remain in the United Stayes is because he cannot be deported.

    Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654,, The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.

  2. This is an immigration question. I will place you in the correct area. Good luck.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

  3. No

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  4. Why would you want a wedding in Cuba if your father could not go?
    Conversely, why would you want to get some assurance that he could go and return, given that government can LIE-LIE-LIE?

    Unless you want father to be stuck in Cuba? Why are you even considering such a move?

    If it blows up, it mayl be almost impossible to fix, so, are you good personal friends with the Obamas?

    If the Obamas attend the wedding and travel with your contingent to Cuba, you have a better chance of having it not blow up, but, again, are you good personal friends with the Obamas?

    Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.

  5. Get married in Miami, parts of it are almost as Cuban as Cuba. Your dad is lucky he hails from Cuba and can't get deported, though in Cuba he'd have free healthcare. Good luck.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics