How can my disabled grandson get the services and education he needs?

Memphis, TN |

My 26 year old grandson was diagnosed during very early childhood with the diagnoses listed above. He was denied admission to the school for the deaf and denied getting a cochlear implant. The reason given for both denials was that he was too intellectually challenged to benefit from the services. Recently I had a need for documentation of his present condition. I asked his PCP to write that. She wrote among other things, "Mr. XXXXX has MODERATE MENTAL RETARDATION. Note she said moderate not profound. Is there any help for him?

Consult with a local healthcare or disability lawyer on this.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.