How can my brother get his parole transferred from CA to AL when he will be released from a CA prison in April 2013?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Bernardino, CA

He has nowhere to live in CA and his home and previous job is in AL.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mark Anthony Raimondo


    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . State to State parolee transfers are very difficult to accomplish. When someone is released on parole, the State of California will release your brother with the promise to supervise him. They will be reluctant to pass that burden off, and another State will be hesitant to accept that costly burden. Call the parole office and see if your brother will be released on revokable or non-revokable parole. He may be able to get special permission to live in another state depending on current charges and other factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,995 answers this week

3,107 attorneys answering