How can my boyfriend apply to become a legal U.S. resident and NOT have to leave for ten years?

Northeast, MD |

My boyfriend of four years has two young children. He has been caring for them since day 1. He is their only support system. Their mother died about a year ago in a car accident, but even before that he had full custody of them. They live in his home, he works every day to provide for them and myself. He wants to become a legal resident but he also doesn't want to have to leave his children for the time it takes for the application process to be complete or uproot them from their surroundings. He wants to do it right but fears he will be taken from his children and they won't be sufficiently cared for. Help!

He needs to consult with an immigration attorney in his area, who will examine his individual situation and properly advise him about the options available in his situation.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

There are many factors that ate considered. Examples include how he came into the stares whether he is already I. Remov river dings and what he had done while here. There may be options but think of it like a puzzle you need all the ibexes first. Many immigration attorneys offer a free first consultation. Some even offer Skype consults. I recommend sitting down with one. There are quite a few on avvo such as Carla Prosper or Eva Kozlowska. They will analyze the facts and give you an honest realistic answer. I hope this was helpful. Good luck

The above answer does not constitute an attorney client relationship and/ or retention of counsel. This answer is based upon the facts presented and may change if additional information is provided. The rules of the Bar for New York State may require me to advise that this could be construed as attorney advertisement.

Consult with immigration attorney for detailed evaluation of a case.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

Recommended articles about Family law