Skip to main content

How can my aunt get custody of me

Houston, TX |

My dad has full custody of me,my aunt used to have temporary custody and my dad took me back from her. i want to live with her again but he refuses to let me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Without the consent of either of your parents, your aunt will have to file a lawsuit for custody. If you're over 12, the court will take your thoughts/feelings into account. However, your father will have much greater rights than your aunt.

Of course, this answer is based on the legal realities. The more likely successful scenario where you live with your aunt is based on your convincing your father that it is a good idea for you to live with your aunt.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer