How can insurance fin out about past driving records for a personal injury lawsuit?

Brooklyn, NY |

I got into slip and fall accident in 2010 in nyc. I filed a personal injury lawsuit. I used to live in New jersey before the accident happened. In 2007 and 2008 i got into a car accident. The insurance company only found out about the one car accident. How can they find out about the other accident as well, if i lived on a different address? It was my mistake I didn't say something because I didnt think my injuries were important and now I m afraid of the consequences. I went through a spinal surgery in may of 2012. What should I do please help

1. do you have an attorney? If not, then hire one

2. There is a national database run by ISO, an ins services company. The insurers report claims there, and then insurers can contact them to see if any claimant has had prior claims. I beleive they are in New Jersey. Google them. You can request a history on yourself, for a fee.

3. There are insurance databases that track prior claim history. Speak with an personal injury attorney in you area.

Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

4. With your driver’s license number they may be able to get the information from your State agency that keeps your driver license records.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

5. There is a national data base that the carriers all enter claim information in. I believe it is triggered by name and date of birth/ss#. You should discuss this with your lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

6. You indicate that you have filed suit already. In that case, you really need to be advised by your current attorney. You are on a number of topics here and only your attorney has the big picture and can properly advise you. Why are you not asking him/her? If you have, the second question is why are you not listening to his/her advice. Perhaps its time to find a new attorney?

This communication does not create an attorney/client relationship. My firm is a second generation family firm successfully handling personal injruy and medical malpractice cases for over 35 years. "Let Our Family Help Your Family" www.kileylawfirm.com 516 466-7900

7. When it comes to past medical history in a personal injury case honesty is the best policy. Concealing a prior injury to the same area or related areas can prove fatal to a personal injury claim. However, the fact that an individual may have injured the same body party previously does not preclude a recovery if the lawyer is aware of it and appropriate arguments of exacerbation or new injury are presented to the jury by an appropriate expert. Rest assured big brother is watching, the central index bureau data bank does exist and in more than 99% of cases concealing past medical history will be uncovered.