HOW CAN I VIEW A TRUST ACCOUNT MY ATTORNEY SET UP AT A LOCAL BANK

Rye Brook, NY |

You are going to have to provide more information. What kind of trust? What kind of account? Who is the trustee? What is your role in this matter?

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for information purposes. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions.

I AM A PARTNER WITH A LAWYER WHO MADE INVESTMENTS. HE HANDLED THE BOOKS ETC. WE NOW HAVE DISSOLVED THE PARTNERSHIP AND I ASKED FOR ALL THE RECORDS ;HE SAID HE DIDNT HAVE THEM SO I WENT TO THE BANK AND FOUND OUT THERE ARE 2 ACCOUNTS OF SAME NAME BUT ONE IN CARE OF HIS LAW FIRM. THE BANK WONT GIVE ME THAT EVEN THOUGH ITS THE PARTNERSHIPS ACCOUNT. WHAT SHOULD I DO

Robert Louis Feliciani III

Robert Louis Feliciani III

First, I would send a written request to him individually and one to his firm. If he works for a larger firm, I would direct the request to the managing partner. If he fails to respond to the request you will need to retain counsel to assist you.

ALL I WANT AT THIS POINT ARE THE PARTNERSHIP RECORDS;THE BANK HAS THEM BUT WONT RELEASE TO ME.CAN I SUBPOENA THE BANK FOR MY RECORDS.? ALSO IF I GET A RELEASE FROM OLD PARTNER FOR THE ACCOUNT WHY CANT I GET THE OTHER ACCOUNT (SAME NAME AS FIRST) BUT IN CARE OF LAW FIRM

Leslie Hanna Tayne

Leslie Hanna Tayne

I would agree with counsel above that you should sent written notice to your former partner requesting such documents. You may also ask that he provide the bank authorization to release the information to you. Should he not comply, you may have to see your request through an attorney.

Your question is a little vague, but as a general rule attorneys are not required to disclose bank statements for trust accounts. However, your should be able to give you information about what is held in the account.

Nothing in this shall be deemed legal advice in any way and is meant for general informational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been established.

well???

YOUR RIGHT ON I DID ALL THAT AND OLD PARTNER SIGNED OFF A RELEASE FOR BANK ACCOUNTS WHEN I WENT THERE I FOUND 2 ACCOUNTS WITH ME AND PARTNERS NAME BUT ONE WAS IN CARE OF HIS FIRM. HE WONT GIVE TO ME .SO WHAT TYPE OF COMPLAINT DO I MAKE , A GRIEVENCE ?

Leslie Hanna Tayne

Leslie Hanna Tayne

Before making a complaint I would attempt to get what you want by talking to a business attorney who can write a stronger letter requesting the document you are looking for.

What type of trust? Who is the "grantor" of the trust? Why did your attorney set up the account?

You need to provide us with much more information before we can even begin to help you.

I was partners with lawyer. He handled books banking etc with our partnership.how do i get the bank records of our partnership if he put the account in cate of his law firm

C L Huddleston III

C L Huddleston III

If you are up against a former partner who is a lawyer, you should get your own. Partners have rights, but sometimes you need to enforce those rights with legal action.