How can I travel abroad?

Asked about 2 years ago - Saint Louis, MO

I am a Green Card holder via Asylum. My home country passport expired.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Answered . Perhaps you could obtain a passport from your country's consulate or embassy here in the United States. It is not advisable for you to travel back to your home country.

  2. Answered . Could you renew your passport? Best Wishes!
    Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney, Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph:(317) 660-6174

Related Topics

Green card holders and travel

Leaving the United States without filing a reentry form may cause the authorities to believe you have abandoned your permanent residency.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,338 answers this week

3,560 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,338 answers this week

3,560 attorneys answering