How can I terminate my SSI Representative Payee?

Denton, TX |
Filed under: Social security Appeals

I am currently an SSI recipient that has a representative payee. I am able to pay care of my own finances, so I would like to change my status with the Social Security Administration. How do I do that?
Thank You

I will assume that you are over 18. When you received your favorable award, you should have received a letter from Social Security advising you that a decision was made to pay your benefits using a representative payee. The letter should have also explained that, if you did not agree with the decision to appoint a payee, or, if you wanted a different payee, that you had sixty (60) days to appeal the decision - in writing. I am attaching a link to the SSA site that may help you:

http://www.ssa.gov/payee/bene.htm#a0=7

If it has been less than sixty (60) days since you received your notice - you should discuss with your attorney (if you were represented) the pros and cons of filing a written appeal. If you were not represented, you may wish to discuss this with an attorney before taking any action. You can locate an attorney in your area using the "Find a Lawyer" function, above. You may also visit www.nosscr.org.

I hope that this information was helpful to you and I wish you well.

Andrew W. Norfleet, Esquire Helping disabled individuals throughout Pennsylvania. awn@norlaflaw.com www.norlaflaw.com DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania and is personal in nature, not professional in nature. The information given is based strictly upon the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality

Social security topics

Recommended articles about Social security