How can I terminate my probation early?

Torrance, CA |

i made a bad decision to drink and drive and therfore was arrested and senteced to three years of probabtion. i am very young, only twenty. before this happen i had my heart set on joining the airforce. but they wont allow anyone on probation to do so. im almost completed my classes and i paid all my fines. is there a way i can get my 3yr probation terminated early when im done with my classes in order for me to enlist in the airforce?

1. In order to get early termination of probation for a DUI you will have to have paid off all the fees and fines, completed the DUI classes, and have a valid reason for the request. One of the few requests that judges and prosecutors are willing to terminate probation early is for employment purposes and to join the military. The military will not take anyone that is currently on probation, the problem is the military cannot guarantee acceptance of the candidate while that person is on probation. You can either attempt to file for early termination of probation yourself or hire an attorney to assist you.
    Robert Driessen

2. In order to get early termination of probation for a DUI you will have to have paid off all the fees and fines, completed the DUI classes, and have a valid reason for the request. One of the few requests that judges and prosecutors are willing to terminate probation early is for employment purposes and to join the military. The military will not take anyone that is currently on probation, the problem is the military cannot guarantee acceptance of the candidate while that person is on probation. You can either attempt to file for early termination of probation yourself or hire an attorney to assist you.
    Robert Driessen

3. A motion must be filed in court to terminate your probation early. You would have the best chance if you could provide the court with proof that you are already accepted into the military. The prosecutor will object and indicate that by law the probation must be 3 years. It will be up to the judge whether to grant the motion. You definitely need a good attorney to have any chance of success.

4. In order to terminate probation early you need to have sufficent reasons, paid all of your fines, attended DUI school, and did whatever else the court required. Military enlistment is a good reason. I just was successful with such a motion. Get a letter from the recruitment office.
    If you have any questions please call.

Andrew Roberts
    (818) 597-0633

5. 36 months of probation is mandatory in a DUI. Be weary of any lawyer who tells you this can be done easily. It cant.

DUI topics