How can I temporarily stop a sheriff's sale of my home due to delinquent Pennsylvania property taxes?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Carlisle, PA

My home is not mortgaged, it is paid in full. The only thing I owe on it is the property taxes. I defaulted on a payment agreement with the tax authority and am not eligible for another agreement for 3 years. Are there any options available to me other than filing bankruptcy?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Robert A. Stumpf

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Yes. Your option is to call a local PA attorney experienced in local matters of this sort.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,299 answers this week

2,833 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,299 answers this week

2,833 attorneys answering