How Can I tell will/Estate is near time of distribution?

Baltimore, MD |

My Granny's will has 3 weeks until minimum probate is over and register of wills reads" Tax re bill prepared" as last update. My aunt and I are the only interested parties in the will. Of course she gets most of the Estate. But It seems like she is intentional trying to delay things. So that I won't get my share. She was already given the house and control of lots of money before granny passed away

Here, in Baltimore City, you have full access to the probate file. And if the Personal Rep is missing deadlines, the file will show notices and perhaps Show Cause hearings. If you obtaina complete copy of the file and visit an attorney, you can get an explanation of the process, what has occurred in the estate, and what you may expect in the near future.

2. Ask the atty handling the matter, they should be able to tell you.

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less

3. You have not really given us enough information to go on, here. You ARE entitled to documentation that is filed with the court. It appears that you also have some knowledge of the probate process and the ability to do some research on your own. If you believe that your aunt is taking liberties, then you need to contact an attorney to review all of the facts with you.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Probate topics