How can I suit for the heartache Depo-Provera cause me?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

Depo-Provera has given me Essential Thrombocyctosis, Chronic Headaches, I have had 4 miscarriages, and a serious cancer scare last year. Now I have a serious blood disease I have to live with for the rest of my life. I really want this company to pay.

1. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . You first need an expert opinion stating that Depo-Provera was in fact the cause of these conditions. Without such support you have no case. You should contact a local attorney specializing in products liability because there have been a number of class action lawsuits over the years for various serious side effects.

2. Kerry Kent Petry Jr.

Answered . I agree with Mr. McCormick's answer.

You should also be aware that at least one case in the early nineties refused to give relief to a plaintiff who sued for unwanted side effects realized as a result of taking Depo-Provera, where the warning label was clear and unambiguous that such side effects might occur. While the side effects complained of in that case dealt with issues not listed in your question, you should always carefully read the warning labels provided with any drug you take.