Skip to main content

How can I sue the FBI for harassment

Anaheim, CA |
Filed under: Civil rights

I have been harassed by the FBI (I believe) for almost 7 years. It started in 2005. After my Mexican citizen wife left I began to see people hiding in a mini bus and other things. In 2007 I sued my ex-wife. I found out she was married when she married me and that she had been giving my social security number to various people. I have boxes of evidence. The F.B.I. still didn't leave me alone. I have found hidden cameras, modifications to my computer and phones, and other evidences of spying.They also harass my girlfriend. Now that I am laid off the F.B.I. has increased their harassment. I have strange problems getting my unemployment checks. After one job interview I was told by a friend that someone talked to the V.P. and they decided not to hire me. I have substantial proof of harassment

Attorney Answers 2

  1. You report finding hidden cameras, modifications to your computer, etc. But nowhere do you indicate what evidence you have that the agency of the federal government called the FBI is the culprit. Anyone can buy hidden cameras and use them to spy on people. Computer viruses modify your computer's software without your knowing. You offer no evidence that the FBI even knows who you are or is investigating you in any way. Without such evidence, no court could adjudicate in your favor on a Bivens claim, even if your civil rights had been violated in some way.

    Not legal advice as I don't practice law in California. It's just my two cents on the facts you describe in light of general principles of law. If you need legal advice, please consult a lawyer who holds California licensure. That's not me.

  2. Hiding in a mini bus is harassment. If the FBI has a search warrant to install hidden cameras or search your computer that is not harassment or civil rights violation. If the FBI intended to harm you with your job then you might have a claim but it is difficult sometimes to prove intent.

    This is just my opinion and not a comprehensive answer. You assume the risk because this answer may not apply to your situation depending on the facts.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics