How can I sue my employer for discrimination, retaliation(breached my safety), defamation of character, etc.?

Asked over 5 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I have been discriminated, threatened, retaliated, harassed, battered(because lack of legal knowledge; I was scared and reluctant of reporting the physical assault due to my employers threatening conduct against me). I fear for my safety and the safety of my unborn baby, and need legal guidance.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Robert Edward Nuddleman


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your matter. Look for an attorney that has experience handling employment law in general and discrimination cases in particular. You have a right to work in a safe and healthful work environment. This does not mean the employer has to treat you "civilly," but they cannot require you to work in an environment that is hazardous to your health or the health of your unborn child. If you have been the victim of physical abuse you may need to contact local law enforcement.

  2. Kenneth Lewis Swenson

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I concur with Mr. Nuddleman. You should consult with an experienced labor and employment attorney about your matter and, if you have been the victim of an assault, you should make a report to police.

    Kenneth L. (Ken) Swenson
    915 Highland Pointe Drive, Suite 250
    Roseville, CA 95678
    (916) 724-5203

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,598 answers this week

3,296 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,598 answers this week

3,296 attorneys answering