How can I sue for false imprisonment, defamation ,and being unjustly committed to a State hospital

Asked about 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I showed up to court and surrenderd my birth Certificate and was arrested. 10 days later may attorney waived my right to appear at a competency hearing and 90 days later I was sent to a state hospital. I stayed 2 month there on a 46b and stayed 1 month extra in county. I have no mental illness nor do I take psych meds. the doctors told me that I didn't belong there. I believe this act is a violation of the Texas health and safety code

1. Michael David Myers

Pro

4

Answered . You should check with local counsel to see whether it makes sense to pursue a claim. AVVO has a tool to help you find a lawyer: http://www.avvo.com/find-a-lawyer

2. David Ian Schoen

Pro

3

Answered . A lot more information is necessary. You should consult with a local experienced personal injury attorney to determine if you have a viable claim.

3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

3

Answered . I cannot tell you if you have a viable claim -- what I can say is that you need to sit down with a personal injury attorney to discuss your rights and remedies PRONTO!!

Pro

2

Answered . More info needed. Have a local Dallas lawyer investigate

5. Don Karotkin

Answered . Your question sounds simple, but the answer is very complex. No one on this or any other website can tell you everything, or even most of the things, you need to know in order to file a lawsuit. Lawyers study and work for years to learn this. Please do yourself a favor and contact a Dallas personal injury plaintiffs' lawyer right away. Follow the link below to a helpful website.

www.tbls.org