How can i sue a supermarket?

Asked about 2 years ago - Bell, CA

Today is raining,and they didnt put cardboard in the entrance.i enter the market and fall..can i sue them?and if i could how?

1. 11

Answered . You can make a claim against their insurance if you were injured in the fall. Not all stores put cardboard down, sometimes it is a rubber backed (non-slip) carpet. If they had nothing there at all, you may have a case. If you did not report your fall to store management, you should go back and do so right away. If you are injured, get to a doctor for treatment and to document your injuries. Go back and take pictures (or have someone else do it) to show what they have or do not have there. If they know about your fall, they may have placed something there since then. The store may have med pay coverage you can collect to help with medical bills regardless of fault, but not all stores have this. Retain an attorney if you are injured to assist you with this. Good luck.

2. 8

Answered . Yes, but you should get medical treatment asap, and photos of the entryway. Hopefully there will be water on the floor, no mat, and no wet floor signs. Get a good injury lawyer. I am in the middle of a similar case right now. These are tough cases, and if you dont have significant injury, it may not be worth it economically for a lawyer to sue.

3. 8

Answered . NO offense, but why does this sound like a hypothetical question before the fact of accident ? The answer is "yes", you may very well be able to sue and as to "how" - the answer is : retain an experienced personal injury attorney.

4. 7

Answered . You can make a personal injury claim if you sustained injuries as a result of the fall. You may be comparatively at fault for not being more careful given the wet conditions. Consult an injury lawyer to investigate. Good luck.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  5. 7

Answered . Were you injured? Without an injury, a lawsuit would be fruitless. If you were injured, retain a local personal injury lawyer to investigate. Find a top-rated lawyer on Avvo with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  6. 6

Answered . Are you injured? If not, there is no case. If your injured, you may have a case and certainty would have right to bring claim.

7. 3

Answered . I assume you were injured. You may have a claim for negligence. Lose the word 'sue'. Suing is the last resort. First make a report with the store. Then contact their insurance to initiate a claim. If you cannot resolve then proceed to a lawsuit.

8. 3

Answered . If they were in the habit of putting cardboard when it rained you have a strong case, you still may be able to depending on other circumstances, i.e. warning signs or lack thereoff, floor composition, size of puddle and duration, and prior similar accidents. Consult an atty.

9. 3

Answered . Did you report this to the supermarket? Did you happen to take photos of the area in which you fell? I would recommend that you treat immediately for any injuries you may have sustained and consult with a personal injury attorney in your area. Slip and fall cases can be tough; I strongly recommend you do not try to handle this on your own.